My bucket list is more like “what would I do if I win the Lottery!”
I guess we all have some idea what we would like to do and/or see while we are still able, and I’ve been thinking about what I’d really like to do with whatever time I still have left. I bought tickets for tonight’s Lotto Max and, perhaps, I will win $50 million dollars. Now I know that’s in Canadian currency, and in 2015 prices, but that amount is just $10 million more than Tiger Wood’s Nike contract in 1996.
- I guess the first thing on my list would be to give money to my kids after I win. After all, who couldn’t use a few million dollars?
- I like living in an apartment condo, but I would really like to design a house because that’s something I’ve never done before. There are many things I would like to have in my kitchen and my bathroom that I am sure are available but I have not seen in any home.In my bathroom I want rear view mirrors so I can see the back of my head for curling and blow drying my hair. I want wall or counter receptacles for my curling irons that I can put a HOT iron into to cool and for storage. I have many ideas for storage behind small doors above the counter for tooth paste, tooth brushes and floss. Also the same type of storage for the make up I use on a daily basis. not on the counter and not in a drawer beneath the counter. I want specific mirrors above the counter not one big piece of glass.I have many ideas for a kitchen that has different work levels. I want to be able to use my Kitchen Aid Mixer without having to carry it to a counter space AND I want it to be hidden when not in use. All small appliances would be behind doors so all you have to do it raise the cupboard door and use the appliances. This means that you are actually going to have space behind the wall at counter height for these appliances.Space for spices. Now this is a challenge and I have seen many different ways to store your spices. There are drawers that are designed for spices but now I have 40 spices and about ten are not the regular size. There are boxes of soda, boxes of molasses, tins of corn starch and baking powder. All this needs to have a specific, size designed space in the cupboards. I want an efficient storage space specifically meant to hold freezer plastic bags and foil and I want a space specifically designed to hold all sizes of plastic and glass containers with lids used for food storage.I’d like a walk-in cold room for housing all my fresh vegetables and bags of flour.Under the sink I want a shelf for my sink stopper, scrubbers, dish washer detergent and dish detergent. I want a plastic bag container that automatically crushes the bags and makes it easy to pull one out at a time.I want a laundry facility that makes you want to do laundry. This includes a large counter for sorting clothes for wash and for folding clothes,when clean. I still use an ironing board and I want this to be a permanent fixture next to the counter so you can iron large items and they won’t touch the floor.
And a walk-in linen closet. Right next to the laundry room.
- A Lady Datejust Pearlmaster Rolex
- A condo at my favourite US golfing destination, Sky Mountain, Utah
- And one in Hawaii. On Maui.
- A road trip to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans (in #9 below), and trips to London, Paris and a Ryder Cup in a business jet
- A golf trip to St. Andrews and one to Pebble beach
- L.A. Dodgers World Series Home Game
- A Lexus LX570. In black.
- To design an emerald and diamond ring.
What’s on your bucket list? What do you think of mine? I’d like to know.